oil thrower

To: <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Subject: oil thrower
From: "mgcarma" <mgcarma@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 17:10:18 -0500
Ok, so I am a boob.
I am taking my MGA out of mothballs because I just sold my MGB and I now plan
on finishing my MGA. I am at the half way stage, chassis ready for body,
engine and trans rebuilt, etc.
Question: I changed over to the timing chain cover that has the Press-in type
rubber seal that seals around the crankshaft pulley.

I consulted the haynes manual, and it states that a later oil thrower should
not be used in a early timing cover, and vice versa.

My only problem is: I don't remember which oil thrower I have!
The one I have, as best I can describe it, is a convex on one side large
washer that fits over the end of the crankshaft and has a cutout for the
keyway.It is to be installed concave OUT......Can I use this with my later
type timing chain cover, and if not, what does the later type oil thrower look
like so I can get it?
cheers
Kevin.

back to one MG...the 62A