Re: oil thrower

To: "mgcarma" <mgcarma@juno.com>
Subject: Re: oil thrower
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 20:18:17 -0600
At 05:10 PM 1/18/03 -0500, Kevin <mgcarma@juno.com> wrote:
>.... plan on finishing my MGA.....
>.... I changed over to the timing chain cover that has the Press-in type
>rubber seal that seals around the crankshaft pulley.
>
>.... I don't remember which oil thrower I have!
>The one I have, as best I can describe it, is a convex on one side large
>washer that fits over the end of the crankshaft and has a cutout for the
>keyway.

That's the MGA part.

>It is to be installed concave OUT......Can I use this with my later type
>timing chain cover,

Nope.

>and if not, what does the later type oil thrower look like so I can get it?

Almost flat with a small step halfway out, no curl on the edge, marked "F"
for Front.  Moss played musical chairs with the part numbers several years
ago just to confuse matters.  You're not the first to ask.  All of the
answers are here: http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/engine/tc101.htm

Cheers,

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude