RE: HIF vs Zenith Carbs

To: "'theodore anderson'" <wa2mgb@optonline.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: HIF vs Zenith Carbs
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 11:12:56 -0800
Ted:

1.  Very good thing.  IMHO the best set up for the car.

2.  Yes.  The carbs have pistons that lift by engine vacuum withdrawing a
metering needle from the main jet.  They are very efficient and work very
well.

3.  The engine has two intake ports.  Each carb. barrel is directly in line
with the intake port giving the best distribution of fuel.  This is a
typical sports car of the time with multiple carbs.  Think Ferrari and
Jaguar.  This isn't your father's Buick.

Congratulations, and welcome to the fray.

Kelvin.