Re: HIF vs Zenith Carbs

To: "theodore anderson" <wa2mgb@optonline.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HIF vs Zenith Carbs
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 18:44:12 -0600
Congrats on your new purchase, Ted. I also got a hell of a car (67B) on Ebay
last summer. Many listers have not had the same experience though.
In addition to the 67, I have a 79B (like Pringles potatoe chips; you can't
own just one) with ZS carb that runs fine. Since it runs so good, I'm going
to screw with it and put on twin HIF's off my parts car :-).
I've asked the same question you did and have received the lists' general
consensus that it is a "good thing". More power, easier to tune and start,
and hopefully more efficient. The 67B with twin SU's gets 27-29MPG on the
highway and the 79B with ZS carb only 21.
Good luck and happy motoring!

Monte
          79B, Carmine
          67B, BRG