Re: MGF radio in an MGB?

To: Kevin Shertz <kshertz@bellatlantic.net>
Subject: Re: MGF radio in an MGB?
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 15:45:37 -0500
I have replaced a few radios in my '78 B, which should have the same
configuration as your '80.

I found a Euro-DIN size radio (such as is probably in the MGF) fits just
fine - you just need a file to square off the round radio opening.  It
literally took me longer to *find* my file than it did to do the actual filing.

You can just wire the radio into the MG wiring harness.  I think I tapped
into the cigarette lighter.  Once I got the standard connector wired I've
been able to replace radios just by unhooking the connector (the radio was
originally purchased from Crutchfield).  But you don't need any connector -
all wires should be labeled on the radio - you'll have more fun figuring
out the wires in your MG.  In my case, the DPO had somehow wired it wrong,
so every time I honked the horn it reset the radio, but eventually I
noodled it out.

- Tab
'78 B
'96 Saab 900S convertible