Re: Hi, I'm back for a little bit, have a question about my

To: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: Hi, I'm back for a little bit, have a question about my
From: James Laukaitis <jim5@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 17:25:08 -0500
Charles,

No suction. I did play with the float needle yesterday, it did feel a
little sticky, but that was with the float off, and the needle pointed up
(that the way I was holding it). With the float attached and the needle
pointed down it didn't really seem like it was sticking. Gravity vs weight
of needle? Maybe. I'll have to check the idle mixture. Where could I find
that air leak? The standoff? The bottom of the carb? Not sure where to
look.
I just did a rebuild, and I replaced all the gaskets, etc. I did not use
any gasket dressing I don't think that is an issue, but I could go back to
it and dress them with gasket spray.

Thanks for the help,

Jim L
67 BGT
85 MR2
email: jim5@us.ibm.com
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
-Gandalf

                      Charles & Peggy

                      Robinson                 To:       James
Laukaitis/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
                      <ccrobins@ktc.com        cc:       mgs@autox.team.net

                      >                        Subject:  Re: Hi, I'm back for a
little bit, have a question about my twin SUsetup

                      01/27/2003 01:19

                      PM

  Sounds like the front carb isn't feeding fuel to the engine.  Also,
since it doesn't stall when you hold your hand over the front carb,
there must be an air leak in/at/under the front carb.

  When you hold your hand over the front carb, do you feel strong
suction?  If you do, this is a clue that the fuel feed problem is in the
carb, such as the float needle not coming off the seat, or the idle
mixture is extremely lean.  If you don't feel a strong suction, there's
probably an air leak under the carb or in the front of the manifold,
such that not much air is being drawn through the front carb, resulting
in no/low fuel draw.

  Cheers,

  CR