Seat belt question...

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seat belt question...
From: "Wil Boucher" <william@greenmgb.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 11:55:38 -0800
I have a 1969 MGB, with what I think are original seat belts, old,
stained and I dont trust em.

On the passenger side there is a shoulder/lap combo, with one end bolted
to the floor, and the other end hooking onto a bolt on the rear deck.
This attaches to a belt with a Kangol magnet buckle; this belt is
bolted to the transmission tunnel.

The shoulder belt unhooks easily from the bolt on the rear deck for
putting the top up and down.

On the drivers side there is only a lap belt, bolted to the floor, which
attaches to a belt with a Kangol magnet buckle; this belt is bolted to
the transmission tunnel.

I want to get safer, newer seat belts and am thinking of the inertia
reel type in the moss catalogue, does anyone know if these need to be
completely bolted in (say to the wheel arch or something) instead of
hooking to the rear deck?

Are there other options?

Thanks.

Wil