Re: The British Car Magazine saga continues

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The British Car Magazine saga continues
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 04:34:51 +1030
As many of you will be on other similar lists, you may have seen a post
from Richard Feibusch relating to the British Car Magazine buyout.  I
was surprised that it did not make it to this list.

Not one that readily re-posts other peoples' words, I might ask Richard
if I can re-post it here for your information (or someone else who knows
Richard, or who feels more comfortabnle about this than I, may wish to
do this).

It starts out:

"Dear Friends and Readers,

I was as surprised and concerned as you all were when the word about the
Motorsport Marketing Inc. buyout of British Car Magazine started to spread
on the web. After all, I have been a writer and later on the Editorial
Board since Dave Destler started the publication over 100 issues ago. I was
just as surprised when Dave sold the magazine to Gary Anderson, but having
known Gary and Genie for almost 20 years through the SF Bay Area Healey
Club and our Palo Alto British Car Meet, I knew that we were in good hands."

It details his thoughts on the buyout and the future of the magazine -
and includes the official media release announcement.

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII

"Nothing overshadows truth so completely as authority"
ALBERTI