Tool / Toy

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tool / Toy
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 12:57:03 -0800
As an aside, when I went to take the voltage readings off the O2
sensor, it turned out that my DMM had died, and I needed to replace
it.

Radio shack has a rather nifty DMM on sale for $60 (down from 80) it
is listed as "46 range" but has AC & DC V &A resistance capictance
diode test, freq, "logic", duty cycle, Hfe and RS-232 output.

Yes, I know that the 9 pin connector isn't strictly RS-232, unless the
spec has been expanded since the original definition of the 25 pin DCE
and DTE connectors.

I haven't figured out what the serial port settings are to get it to
talk to a linux box yet, but it's a pretty cool toy for the price.
I'm kind of surprised that a quick google search didn't show Palm OS
software to talk to it.

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.