British Automotive Tranny kit

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: British Automotive Tranny kit
From: Glenn Schnittke <schnittke@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 00:55:13 -0600
Has anyone here played with the Trans tunnel cover supplied by British
Automotive?

The first gear cluster in my '67 redcar (daily driver) just bit the dust.
While I was planning on swapping to the trans & OD from the '69 eventually,
I was figuring on cutting the tunnel out of the primrose for use and doing
all the bodywork (it needs rockers as well) at once - six or nine months
from now, instead of NOW. My friend Ray has an early crashbox he can loan
me, but I'd like to find out about the tunnel cover BA has and whether it's
worth taking the extra time to do the swap now as opposed to later. I get
the idea from the information on their site that there's still some bashing
involved. I have the engine with later backplate, starter motor to fit,
flywheel, speedo & cable, oil filter adapter is already installed, already
changed out the genny to later alternator, etc. It's mostly the bashing I'm
interested in.

And I still haven't heard about anyone with a design for the OD switch.

Thoughts?

Glenn Schnittke
Vice-President
Tennessee Spokes Sports Car Club