Re: fuel mileage

To: jhn3@uakron.edu
Subject: Re: fuel mileage
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 11:41:33 -0800 (PST)
james SEZ -

> I used to get this large a change when Colorado switched from summer to winter
> gas.  So maybe the question is, does BP use ethanol and Citgo doesn't?

I don't know anything about Citgo, as they've never been in this region
(Pacific Northwest).  BP recently left this area, but when they were
here they did cut their gas with alcohol, a la Arco.  The latest
turnover is that Texaco is leaving, Shell returning.  Most former
BP stations are now Union 76.  Funny how oil companies come in and
out of markets like that.  10 years ago Chevron and 76 had almost pulled
out completely, now they're everywhere.  Exxon used to be big here, now
not a trace of them.

--
David Breneman                   | "Before there were CDs there were
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst  |  records, and before there were