Re: Battery water

To: "Barney Gaylord" <barneymg@MGAguru.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Battery water
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 11:50:18 -0000
I have also seen 'de-ionised water' and 'fridge or freezer melt-water'
specified as suitable for batteries.  'Drinking water' in the UK at least,
can legally contain a whole range of other compounds including recognised
contaminants up to specified levels, and pure spring water has been known to
fail drinking-water purity tests because it did NOT contain things like
aluminium sulphate and chlorine added by state-run water purification
plants.