RE: TF Replica with V-8

To: "'Bud Krueger'" <budkrueger@earthlink.net>, N <twobees@sprynet.com>
Subject: RE: TF Replica with V-8
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:47:54 -0800
Bud:

Different manufacturer and car.  I remember well the Noble TF replica,
because the company I worked for sold them a bunch of MGB front
crossmembers.  I really wanted one of the kits, as it seemed the best mix of
parts to build a rasty boy racer sports car.  The kit had a tube steel frame
with stock MGB crossmember welded in.  Fiberglass tub that was a pretty
accurate version of a TF with the exception of the bonnet.  Most of the
parts were sourced from a donor MGB.  For a kid playing in a British scrap
yard it seemed like a great way to make a "floppy fender" street race car
that was cheaper and more robust than a T series.

Still at the time, the kit price was way beyond me so I stayed contented by
building a V6 powered MGB GT on the cheap.

The NTG kits out of the UK are a different animal with only a passing
resemblence to a T-Series.  Still neat looking kits and by using MGB
mechanicals an interesting breed.  I still hold dreams of a floppy fender
boy race car, so I thought about bringing in one of the NTG kits and fitting
it with a Rover V8.  Luckily before going down that street I found what was
left of a Morgan +8, so have an outlet for those dreams.

Luckily I have a wife who thinks that "real" cars have running boards.

Fun with "floppy fender" cars.

Kelvin.

Kelvin.