Re: HS4 Problem

To: "Hans Duinhoven" <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>,
Subject: Re: HS4 Problem
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 11:19:16 -0700
Hans,

In theory, there should be no leaks on the lid. I have had the grose jets
occasionally not seal off the gas right away and leak shortly after turning
the ignition and fuel pump on. Or you could have some other problem like
the fuel level in the float bowl being set too high, the float jet worn
enough or dirt present such that its not cutting off the fuel, or the fuel
pressure may be a little too high.

Usually if I see any signs of leaks, I start with the float bowls - make
sure the height of the float is correct and replace the needle/valve seats
with the original style. I usually keep a few extra needle/valve seats
around but they still tend to last several years without problems.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B