Waterpump repair or replace?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Waterpump repair or replace?
From: "Menno Meijer" <menno.meijer@ict.nl>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 21:45:40 -0800
Dear List,

Unfortunatly my '63 B has a minor leak at the
waterpump. With all components fan, radiator
in place it's difficult to see whether it's
leaking at the gasket between engine or pump
or if the pump itself is leaking.

Does anybody know whether it's possible to
"repair" the waterpump? If I scan through the
part suppliers catalogs I only find new pumps
instead of any repair-kits. (I thought that
a leaking waterpump would be a common problem
and that some sort of repair-kit would exist)

I'll have a look tomorrow to determine exactly
which type of pump it is. I'm affraid I can't
detect whether it's the pump or "just" the gasket
without removing radiator and fan.

Positive news: today my B has passed the annual
MOT without any problems. (APK in Dutch) A non-
leaking waterpump is not one of the requirements
:-) Thanks to all on the list for their help.

Greetings,

Menno Meijer
The Netherlands