brakes

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: brakes
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 18:43:10 -0600
In the next week, I hope to put new brake/clutch slave hoses (and check the
wheel cylinders and pads) on the 67B and fix the handbrake which never has
worked. I have never done any brake work before and am a little anxious
about the bleeding procedure once I get the new hoses on. Do I fully drain
the system first and then follow the procedures in the manuals? Do I just
put the hoses on and then proceed to bleed? I have no idea how long the
brake fluid has been in the car since I just purchased it last May. Someone
previously suggested cellophane over the brake master cylinder fill cap hole
to slow down the draining of the fluid (for what reason escapes me). I do
have a new Ezi-Bleed thing-a-ma-giggy that I'm anxious to try out, even
though I haven't even read the directions yet!

Thanks,

Monte
          79B, Carmine
          67B, BRG