Re: brakes

To: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>, "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: brakes
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 16:12:30 -0000
Putting cellophane over the master cylinder is supposed to prevent excessive
fluid loss whilst changing a component.  But since your fluid is an unknown
quantity you want to get rid of it all anyway.  I would pump out all the old
fluid topping up the MC till you can see you have fresh fluid - you don't
want to pump debris through your new components.  Then use the cellophane,
then replace the components, then use the Eezi-Bleed bleeding from the
longest run to the shortest.  On both my cars I find the Eezi-Bleed isn't
enough for the fronts, I have to have someone standing on the pedal while I
rapidly open and shut each caliper nipple which always gets more air out and
gives me a firm pedal.