Re: carpet foam, parts washers

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: carpet foam, parts washers
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 18:38:05 -0800
I'm afraid I don't have as solution for you, but you have now experienced
the reason I wince every time I hear people describing how they glued down
their carpeting. Except for the rear wheel well bulges, where it's
unavoidable, and perhaps the rear, narrow part of the tunnel and the side
rails (although I have a plan to avoid even these), I wouldn't glue down any
carpet or carpet padding -- it's too much of a mess to remove, and if it
ever gets wet ("if"?) it rusts your floors.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149