carpet foam, parts washers

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: carpet foam, parts washers
From: Kevin Smith <ksmith40@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 21:53:47 -0600
Enjoying the 60 degree weather yesterday and got to work on the car.

What is the best way to remove that obnoxious glued-on foam that is
left behind after the carpets are removed?
I used a wire-brush attachment on an electric drill, made a big mess,
and spent quality time with my shop-vac.  What would have been the
better choice?  A putty knife and some adhesive loosener?

Also:

After removing some heavily soiled parts and using a small pail of
diesel and a wire brush to clean them, I got to thinking I need a parts
washer.  I didn't score many points with the ol' lady coming in
smelling like diesel 10 minutes before we were to go to dinner! :)
Any experience with the el cheapo ones you find at the Homier sales
(and other places you find cheap Chinese tools)?

Kevin Smith
'68 MGB Roadster (under restoration)
'72 MGB Roadster (rust growth experiment)