front spring removal

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: front spring removal
From: frank krajewski <frankk@intap.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:36:07 -0500
Before everyone flames me for this, let me say that I have never had a
problem in over 30 years of using this method. I use very high quality
hose clamps, usually 4, that are of ample size and slowly weave them
thru the spring, getting as close to the bottom and top coil as
possible. I tighten slowly, just until it possible to uninstall or
reinstall the spring. If they have to sit on my bemch for any amount of
time I release the clamps just as slowly and let the springs retain
their normal orientation. This may not be for everyone but it has worked
for me over the years. I know how risky it is before I get shot down!
Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski