Re: Alternator conversions

To: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@edo-services.com>, "MG" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Alternator conversions
From: "james" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 02:37:47 -0500
Ken, I'd personally go the Delco route.  It takes about 3 hours or less to
install.  With minimal fabrication.  I think the alternator to use was the
GM V6 alternator, supposedly they can be had for $35 but I paid $60 for
lifetime warrantee models, also buy the plug for the field wires (another
$2.50).  I don't know which site you were checking, but Larry Hoy has a very
detailed description, unfortunately I don't recall his web address.

James Nazarian
71B Tourer
71BGT V8
85 Dodge Ram