My HIF problem SOLVED!!!

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: My HIF problem SOLVED!!!
From: "Marc" <smarc@abs.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 19:43:18 -0500
I've been whining about this overflowing HIF problem for a while, as you all
know. I got an email from Gery Brinkman today, who said:

> i had the same problem on my HIF and it drove me mad!!!!. on te
> hIF there is
> a vent for
> the float bowl which usually has rubber cap on it. if the float is empty
> with the vent closed,
> the filling bowl pressurises the air in the float bowl and never alows the
> the float to rise.
> Remove the vent plug, run the fuel pump until the bowl is full. It should
> cure the problem.

I removed the plugs from my carbs, and it works like it's supposed to.
Although I haven't fixed the vaccuum leak at the head yet, the rebuilt carbs
work great, without the problems I've been having. Guess I'll rebuild my
'good' set of carbs now, as obviously they are fwanked...

I'm so happy, I can't stand it! Thanks again Gery!
--
Marc Siegel, Charm Net LLC  eMail: smarc@abs.net
Baltimore, MD  http://www.abs.net      voice: 410/361-8160