Re: 1975 MGB Ad

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1975 MGB Ad
From: Kevin Smith <ksmith40@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 21:25:31 -0600
On Tuesday, March 18, 2003, at 08:20  AM, Paul Root wrote:

> Paul M. wrote:
>>  One of the interesting
>> things that was advertised all over Road & Track and
>> Car and Driver in the late 1960s seems to be some kind
>> of fibergalss "fastback" hardtop for the MGB.
>
> There was one on ebay over the winter.

I actually bid on that, but was outbid.  It was sold by a guy in
England, and I probably would have paid more to ship it than the bid
price.  I've seen one in MG World going with a car in the classifieds
(also in England).  Based on that, I just assumed they were more
popular in England, but relatively hard to find the the U.S.
Personally, I think the best MGB hardtop is the rounded looking one
that VB sells (Moss too?).  It seems to have that classy MGA Coupe look
going for it.

Kevin Smith
'68 MGB Roadster (under restoration)
'72 MGB Roadster (parts)