Re: Vaccuum leak WAS: RE: Gasket orientation??

To: Marc Siegel <smarc@abs.net>
Subject: Re: Vaccuum leak WAS: RE: Gasket orientation??
From: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 18:07:55 -0500
Marc,

    When I installed the HS4's on my 77B I saw that the problem was due to the
fact that the intake manifold flanges were of a different thickness than the
exhaust manifold flanges.  My solution was to make up a series of 'D' shaped
washers to slip over the studs until the thin flanges were at the same height as
the thick flanges.  Then the manifold mounting washers could clamp the manifolds
down until they sealed.  It worked for me, but YMMV.

Bud Krueger
52TD