Vaccuum leak WAS: RE: Gasket orientation??

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Vaccuum leak WAS: RE: Gasket orientation??
From: "Marc" <smarc@abs.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 16:10:15 -0500
Thanks to Jerry and David for the reply. I asked as I wasn't sure if I had
done it correctly. I did, and my reasoning was sound! Anyway, I still have a
slight vacuum leak at the intake manifold even after replacing the gasket. I
also replaced all four manifold studs and nuts. This is a ZS to dual SU
conversion. I note that the flanges on my intake are slightly thicker than
those of the exhaust manifold. I cut a few washers to shim the difference,
but the leak is still there. I could have the manifold belt-sanded to take
off the difference, but I wonder if maybe my exhaust manifold (of unknown
origin) is too thin...

Anybody who's done this conversion come across (and solved) this issue?

--
Marc Siegel, Charm Net LLC  eMail: smarc@abs.net
Baltimore, MD  http://www.abs.net      voice: 410/361-8160