Re: Death by Starting - help!

To: "Tab Julius" <tab@penworks.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Death by Starting - help!
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:08:24 -0000
Forget the factory fuses, they aren't involved in starting.  If turning the
key to start (or ign) cuts all power to the car you have a bad connection in
the battery gound, the main cable from battery to solenoid, or the browns
that connect to the solenoid.  You *could* have a problem in one of the
browns itself, but this is less likely than the others.  The clock should
*not* stop during starting, this is another symptom of the problem.  Looking
at the ignition light while cranking (it goes out) is the usual diagnosis
for this problem.