Valuation of 1970 MGB please?

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Valuation of 1970 MGB please?
From: Steve Morris <MGA1500@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 23:00:28 -0500
Hi all,

Well, I'm looking into the possibility of expanding the Morris Garage
fleet by one. A lady here in the northern Ohio area has a 1970 MGB for
sale, and I was hoping some of you could help me with the valuation. She
is a member of the local British car club, so she isn't completely naive
as to the cost of cars, but I've not asked around locally, since most
members don't know the car is for sale.

I haven't seen it other than from the road, and it looks real nice, with
bright chrome and shiny paint. Not much to go on, I know. Here's what I
do know from an email exchange. It is a red (of course) 1970 MGB
Roadster. This is the year of the split bumper.

She says, " I think it is in real good condition.. Nothing wrong that I
am aware of.. Everything was rebuilt when we bought it. Except the
clutch.. Fred Westberg put that in for us. We had a new windshield put in
last year."

 I *think* she's had it about 6-8 years. She's asking $4000. Is this in
the right neighborhood?

Thanks,
Steve

Steve Morris     Avon, Ohio