RE: battery issues

To: "'Jason B Lonon'" <j_lonon@lycos.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: battery issues
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 21:15:06 -0600
Jason,

Disconnect and remove the battery NOW! Those symptoms are not healthy
and could indicate you are in danger of having the battery explode.
Likely there is an internal short in the battery.

Regards,
Lew Palmer

     Now, when I put in the key, I hear a very soft hissing sound coming
from the battery. When I try to crank the engine, it gets louder, as if
gas is being pushed out of the battery. I can also smell sulfur (that
rotten egg smell.)
     Does this mean my battery is toast? Or does there exist another
remedy?

Thanks!