Carolyn Marriner caveat emptor

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carolyn Marriner caveat emptor
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 10:34:47 -0600
>From another BBS to others who may be interested in Minis

Blake

*********************************

   Date:         Mon, 31 Mar 2003 10:41:04 EST
   From:         MGTD2@aol.com
     To:         mg-t@autox.team.net, MGVR@yahoogroups.com,
spridgets@autox.team.net,
        team-thicko@autox.team.net

Listers:

I just learned that the 2002 MINI Cooper S I had put a deposit on in New
Mexico was not "perfect" as originally represented, or even "damaged by
flying construction debris" as the owner, Carolyn Marriner, told me two
nights before my departure on a non-refundable one-way plane ticket from
Michigan.  Nope!  See the email excerpted below.

She had apparently rolled the car at Aroyo Seco and it had most likely
been
sitting in a body shop waiting for a new roof panel to arrive.
Additionally, she had represented herself as the original owner.  A VIN
number search
turned up a previous title issued in the state of Idaho!

Watch out for this car to come up on eBay in the near future and adjust
your
bid accordingly.

--John
============================
WROTE:
....Well, well, it is indeed a small world.B  Carolyn Marriner joined
our
local brit car club about 5-6 months ago.B  I donbt know her very well,
only having seen her at one or two functions.B ......

....I did not witness the event, but I heard that sheB  hit soft gravel
or
dirt at the edge of a turn and rolled the Mini Cooper.B  Donbt know how
many times, but did hear that folks were impressed with the integrity of
the car,
as the doors would still open and close, and it ran, and could have been
driven home except for some front suspension problem.B  I would imagine
this
is the problem that caused the roof panel to be replaced, rather than
winds.

....I heard that she has already ordered another new mini, so she
apparently
likes them.

....I am disappointed that she would misrepresent the damage, but felt
it
was important to tell you what I know.B  Just reinforces the old adage
Caveat
Emptor, eh?