Re: Failed MA inspection

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Failed MA inspection
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 10:27:06 -0800 (PST)
Michael W. Jose SEZ -

>        The trick? Put all the hoses on, get it to run, lean the carb out
> a lot, and crank the idle up to 1500 or so.  After you leave undo it
> all.  Not fun, but you get used to it after a couple of years, argh....

You're lucky that you have that option.  Here in the People's Republic
of Washington, one of the things they check is the idle speed.  They
put a little beanbag-like thing with an induction coil in it on your
hood to check engine speed.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
On my old Beretta, they always had to go by the car's tach.  I was on
my honor to run the engine at the speed they wanted.  :-)  But the
only safety inspections here are on cars imported into the state.
When I bought my 1968 MGB in 1977, it still had out-of-state plates on
it at the dealer.  I took it to the State Patrol office to get the
inspection.  They looked at the turn signals and the wiper blades.
Didn't even have me run the wipers - they just looked at the blades,
really closely.  No idea what they were expecting to find.

--
David Breneman                     | "Just because something doesn't
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst    |  do what you planned it to do