Re: 'What's this on my fuel pump?'

To: Douglas Gaither <dgaither@northeastassembly.org>
Subject: Re: 'What's this on my fuel pump?'
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 12:19:08 -0600
Doug

<<<snip>>>
So this new SU has a little nub for a hose of some sort right at the
bottom of the main body.
<<<snip>>>
Used with a hose for some applications.  Just leave it as is.

<<<snip>>>
It also has a little 'vent' on the top of the unit.
<<<snip>>>
Usually there's just one vent, nipple or hole, at the bottom of the
magnet housing when correctly mounted upright, so the second one is new
to me.  I've seen a nipple on the cap too.

<<<snip>>>
There are also threaded bosses on the bottom of the unit.
<<<snip>>>
I've seen them with one threaded boss which is for the ground wire.
Remember the fuel pump is usually rubber mounted.

Blake