Re: clutch

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: clutch
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 15:44:12 -0800
I would also recommend pulling the engine and transmission together.
Reasons:

1. you can undo the bellhousing bolts out on the floor where they are
accessible, as opposed to struggling with them in tight spaces;

2. you can align the new clutch and get the tranny aligned out where you can
see what you're doing, and without risking damage to the shaft;

3. the only additional work compared to pulling the engine alone is removing
the shift lever, the driveshaft, the speedo cable, and the tranny mounts
(admittedly that last one is not trivial).

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149