Re: torque settings

To: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>, "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: torque settings
From: "james" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 23:57:00 -0500
I have switched to a 12" extension and regular socket.  I drop a smaller nut
into the socket and then put the 'real' nut on top of that, this holds the
nut I am trying to start at the top of the socket.  Since the other nut is
smaller I don't have to worry about it going onto the stud while I'm trying
to work on the first nut.
Sometimes, in particularly heinous situations, you can stick some white
grease into the socket to hold everything together a little bit while trying
to get situated.

James Nazarian
71B Tourer
71BGT V8