Headlight Trim Ring & Fresh Air Intake Leaks

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Headlight Trim Ring & Fresh Air Intake Leaks
From: "Randy Widman" <rwidman@woh.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 10:54:31 -0500
Hi to all listers,

I have read the various scenarios on this list as to getting the headlight
trim ring off and when I pull from the bottom with a bent screwdriver or
similar tool, the screwdriver just pops right out and won't loosen the ring at
all. Any other ideas?

Also, I'm stripping the car down (interior & exterior) to get it painted and
poured water down the fresh air intake up by the bonnet to be sure the drain
hole wasn't plugged and I noticed water leaking into the (2) two compartments
just below the outside intake, (One of the compartments was the area the
intake vent door is mounted) and the other is just below that. Water is also
leaking through the front and side joints of the walls of those compartments
and running down toward the trans hump on the interior. What can I apply to
the joints along there that would do a good job of sealing these areas before
I put new carpet in? Thanks in advance for your help. This list has been such
a great help to us novices. Thanks again.

Randy Widman
79 Red B