From disc to wire wheels-shim question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: From disc to wire wheels-shim question
From: BarrMark262@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 20:37:27 EDT
Hi List: I am converting my 74B from disc wheels to wire wheels. I am using
original style wire hubs, and have a question about the parts; especially the
shims.
My present disc hubs have two shims; will I assume I use those as they are,
or do I "start" from the beginning and measure float with the wire hubs
attached before deciding what shims to use?
Also, it appears that the bearings and seals are pretty basic per the Moss
catalog. Am I right on this issue, and should all be replaced? (I really
don't know when they were changed last.)
Thanks for any and all help.
Dennis Barr