HS4 carbs

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: HS4 carbs
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 20:19:20 -0500
I'm getting ready to reinstall some rebuilt carbs this week.
I'm answering an inquiry that I posted about a month ago concerning the
lever and link assembly that moves the jet. Several people emailed that this
part looked rigged on theirs also. I just installed a new one that I
received yesterday.
The front lever and link on the HS4 carbs is completely different than the
rear one. On mine they were DPO'd and the  front and back were the same
lever but the one in the front was bent to work, althought it didn't seem to
work very fluidly. The new front link is just a heavy wire that fits into
the hole in the jet housing. This is for the AUD 135 HS4 carb.
Monte