Chrome at Home? was Re: [Fwd: Chrome costs -- ouch]

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Chrome at Home? was Re: [Fwd: Chrome costs -- ouch]
From: Chris Thompson <ct-mg@cthompson.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 12:38:26 -0400
Don Malling (dmallin@attglobal.net) wrote:
> I have the following estimate from Librandi's plating in Harrisburg PA.
> They were recommend from some list members as well as from some of the
> local street rod guys.

I seem to remember someone here talking about kits for chroming (or zinc
plating or whatever else you could come up with) in your own garage, where
it basically came down to having a container big enough to immerse the
object and the mess of disposal being the downsides.

What does it take to "Chrome at Home"?

Chris Thompson
1974 MGB Chrome Bumper Roadster