Re: Chrome at Home? was Re: [Fwd: Chrome costs -- ouch]

To: Chris Thompson <ct-mg@cthompson.com>,
Subject: Re: Chrome at Home? was Re: [Fwd: Chrome costs -- ouch]
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 10:10:03 -0700 (PDT)
Eastwood offers a tin-zinc plating system for $70. I had heard good reviews for
the very low tech system but this is advertised mostly for small bits, bolts
and such.
Carl French

I seem to remember someone here talking about kits for chroming (or zinc
plating or whatever else you could come up with) in your own garage, where
it basically came down to having a container big enough to immerse the
object and the mess of disposal being the downsides.

What does it take to "Chrome at Home"?