Re: stupid carb question

To: "Bullwinkle" <yd3@nvc.net>, "David Councill" <dcouncil@imt.net>
Subject: Re: stupid carb question
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 00:18:19 -0500
Thank you David and Blake for you timely advice, pics, and hints on carb
linkage. Several things I found I was overlooking were:
1. Moss DOES show carb linkage on pp. 76 under Engine Controls.
2. The outer choke cable sheath is what pushes the lever upwards, not the
inner wire.
3. I didn't know what the inner cable attached to to get the upward
movement. After reexamining my air filters, I saw that the choke control
bracket was still attached to them. Now I know where the inner wire attaches
and how you get that needed upward movement on the lever.
Now that I have the answer maybe the car can be on the road again this
weekend;' it's supposed to be in the 70's here in Missouri by Sat.
Thanks again,
Monte