Re: MGB makes a pilgrimage!

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB makes a pilgrimage!
From: Chris Thompson <ct-mg@cthompson.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 12:56:52 -0400
Smith, Timothy (Timothy.Smith@navitaire.com) wrote:
> The following was over a 9 month period when I was doing traveling
> construction. All done in a 74 MGBGT that was my only car. Only thing I did
> was petrol, oil changes, spark plugs, air filters, and wiper replacements.
> All together with local driving I put 14,000 miles on the car during those 9
> months.

DING DING DING We have a winner! I'm a big guy and I've now driven my two
year old 74 B a total of 14 miles. One thing that I noticed was how narrow
the cockpit was. It wasn't uncomfortable, but I wondered if it would become
so after a long drive. Amazing.

Not a single trip record, but Tony Barnhill once had a 63MGB on his site
which he had recently purchased and was in the middle of restoration after
"350,000" miles. I emailed him suspecting a typo, but no, in fact this car
did have 350k miles on it. The Previous owner took it at 60k miles and put
another 290k on it. Five transmission rebuilds, two valve/ring jobs, and it
was now bored 30 over, but the guy had reliable documentation proving a
real odo of 350k. Astounding.

Chris Thompson
1974 MGB Chrome Bumper Roadster