Re: Aluminum MGB bonnets

To: Bruce <mgb1964@cois.on.ca>
Subject: Re: Aluminum MGB bonnets
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 00:08:45 +0930
On Monday, Apr 14, 2003, at 22:06 Australia/Adelaide, Bruce wrote:

> sorting through the "stuff" I find I have two Aluminum Bonnets in good
> shape. Can someone give me an idea what they are worth.

Well.

Maybe you should ship them to Australia.

A few years ago I had my aluminium (yes, spelled and pronounced that
way in Australia :-) bonnet wrap over my windscreen.

The insurance company reluctantly went with the lowest quote of over
$2,000 (Australian dollars) painted!

They tried to make me take a steel bonnet at $AU900 painted!

Eric
'68 MGB MkII
'85 Rover SD1 Vanden Plas
Adelaide, South Australia