Re: Speedometer ????

To: The MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speedometer ????
From: "Brinkman, Gerardo V" <GB127167@teradata-ncr.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 20:50:41 -0400
This sounds way out of range even with the OD disengaged.
On my car, with the OD engaged I get just over 20mph/1000 rpm.
So 60 mph should read 3000rpm - on low profile tyres. If
I remember correctly the factory specs on original (taller)
tyres was just over 22mph/1000rpm.

An easy way to check is find an interstate with mile markers
and measure your indicated mile at your indicated 60mph.
Simple maths will give you your exact speed.

gerry