Needle valve on a Zenith-Stromberg carburetor

To: MG listserv <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Needle valve on a Zenith-Stromberg carburetor
From: Robert Guinness <rjglaw@swbell.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 14:26:25 -0500
I am rebuilding a Zenith Stromberg carburetor for the first time, so
please be gentle.  The rebuild kit came with a new needle valve, but no
screen for the needle valve.  The screen on the old needle valve will
not come off, and even if it did, it clearly will not fit on the new
needle valve (the circumference of the end of the new valve is greater
than the old one, although it will screw into the carb easily.)  Here is
my question:  Do I need a screen on the new needle valve and if so,
where can I get one.  The major catalogues do not list it.  Thanks.

Robert Guinness
77 MGB