RE: How to coat a new fuel tank

To: <Menno.Meijer@ict.nl>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: How to coat a new fuel tank
From: "Steve Shoyer" <Steve@shoyer.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 15:56:44 -0400
When I replaced the tank on my 1980 MGB, I sprayed the top (and bottom) with a
black rubber undercoating.  I think the right method would have been to strip
the tank to bare metal and use the zinc coating from Eastwood, but I didn't
know about it beforehand.  Eastwood also sells something to coat the inside of
the tank, if you really want to protect it.

--Steve