swapping cams

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: swapping cams
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 17:15:42 -0700
How tough is it to swap cams in an MGB with the engine in place? I am
entertaining the idea of pulling the "showroom stock cheater cam" that
I have in the engine now, and replacing it with one optimized for the
blower.

Does anyone have any experience playing with different cam grinds on
supercharged motors? What sort of differences (qualitative as well as
quantitative) do they make?

My oil pressure is also a bit lower than I'd like. I think that some
of the predetonation that I caused when playing with timing and carb
profiles might have beaten on the bearings a bit. Although of the 5000
miles I've put on the car since January, about 1000 of them have been
on the track, so that might accelerate the wear a bit. So I'm trying
to decide how much work to do on the motor, how soon, and whether to
do it with the engine in the car. I've got a bit of breathing room as
my next track day isn't until May 25th.

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.