Re: OT, lack of oil pressure in a 260Z

To: "Den's E-mail" <dbuster@integraonline.com>
Subject: Re: OT, lack of oil pressure in a 260Z
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 18:11:37 -0700
Is there a good seal between the oil pump and the "pickup tube" that
goes down into the pan? Though if you get oil pumped, then it probably
isn't sucking air?

Are you measuring oil pressure cranking? Or with the engine running?

I'll second Max's suggestion to check the pressure with another
guage. Probably a mechanical one.  If you disconnect the guage/sensor,
from the block, will oil shoot out?

  lrc

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.