F1 and Nascar

To: "MGLIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: F1 and Nascar
From: "jdunphy" <jdunphy@wideopenwest.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 22:23:10 -0400
Carl wrote

WHAT??? YOU MEAN THEY ARE GOING TO NOT PUT ON ANY NASCAR RERUNS DURING
THIS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? ARRRRGGGGGGHHHH, I AM GOING TO CALL THEM RIGHT AWAY
AND WE WILL SEE WHO PREVENTS ME FROM SEEING THE REPLAY OF THE 1998 BUSCH
SERIES RACE FROM EAST BUM*#!K SUPERSPEEDWAY!!!
Rick Fisk wrote:
 Come on Carl - they already showed one Formula 1 parade this year.  All of
> the rest of them will be exactly the same, so you're not missing anything.
> At least the Nascar guys actually drive the car instead of letting
computers
> do everything but steer.
Me: left

Enough said but I will quote from espn.com
http://espn.go.com/rpm/hp/features/1541029.html
<quote>
>From Jeff Gordon
"I'm just excited about this opportunity. It's something I've dreamed of,
just getting behind the wheel of an F1 car and seeing what it was like,"
said the Californian. "I don't plan on going F1 racing, but I would love to
just get that experience."
Me: HAHAHAHA  thats funny Jeff has a sense of humor, he wont drive F1
because he has a snowball's chance in hell of doing so.

Juan Pablo Montoya is similarly delighted at the prospect of this novel
experience: "It will be very interesting for me, and driving a big, heavy
NASCAR car will certainly be different to driving a Formula car. I will
enjoy the opportunity, and I don't think Jeff should be concerned that I
will take away his job."
ME: Why would I give up driving the most advanced race cars in the world to
drive an overweight tractor
</quote>

So which car will turn the faster lap ?

Cheers