Re: seat belts

To: <Cyc10@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: seat belts
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 10:30:27 +0100
You should have welded-in threaded bosses on the tunnel and inner
square-section sill, but those on the inner sill may have been missed out if
that section has been replaced.  The shoulder strap went variously to a boss
on the wheel arch or the rear panel just behind the cockpit for manual
belts, then back to the wheel arch for inertia belts.  Those on the rear
panel had quick-release clips as they had to be removed and refitted each
time the hood was raised or lowered, and the clips have been unavailable for
years.  It seems that even when the rear panel was used the boss was not
deleted from the wheel arch.  All MGBs originally had the mountings for
3-points harnesses.