warped hardtop

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: warped hardtop
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 22:47:08 -0500
I have a hardtop that came with the 67B. On the drive home from Seattle a
year ago, I noticed it leaked a little at the top, middle of the windscreen.
Upon examination, when clamped down in place, the fiberglass hardtop bulges
outward a little at the middle of the screen causing it not to seal
properly. The hardtop came from a car that sat in the high temps of the
Washington "desert".
Can a "warped" fiberglass top be reshaped? If so, how would I go about it?
I'd like to use it on the 79 this winter.
Not a pressing question yet with 100 degree Missouri heat just around the
corner but I was thinking maybe I could use that Missouri heat to re-warp
the top with some applied pressure?

Thanks,
Monte