Re: filters (was: misfire at 3000 rpm)

Subject: Re: filters (was: misfire at 3000 rpm)
From: Aaron Whiteman <aaronw@wsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 08:03:56 -0700
On Tuesday, May 13, 2003, at 07:38  AM, Carl French wrote:

> I have been waiting to hear other opnions about what Aaron had said. I
> like being able to see the fuel status and to see how clean it is.

So have I actually.  I remember the ones to avoid were the glass/metal
types that can easily come apart, apologies that I wasn't clear on
that.  The plastic ones are probably ok, but I don't trust plastic
much. I've broken too many plastic parts (the last one was the anti
run-on valve), and I fear that the filter housing would become brittle
over time.

Bear in mind that I have had no problems with my fuel system except a
regulator that was set too low.  If I had reasons to doubt the
cleanliness of my fuel, I might think differently regarding the
visibility of the element.

> I have to give Aaron some credence because he is a college graduate
> and all ;-)

A Computer Science degree doesn't help me know much about cars :)

--
Aaron Whiteman
'75 B